Nov 30, 2021
Release Notes: Club League & Gears Update
- Fixed being able to get more than 4 golden tickets in some cases.
- True gold/silver skins now show up at level 9 and above.
- Fixed edge cases of Club League participation where the player would leave and rejoin clubs during event days.
- Optimized Club League season-end flow to avoid edge cases with empty screens.
- Fixed Club League screen not being accessible after the season end.
- Fixed Club League Skin shop prices
- Fixed some issues with the Club Ranking being incorrectly displayed
- Fixed an issue where more than the limit of golden tickets could be purchased during a season
Optional Update 25/11
- Fixed friendly selection when Club League or Map Maker are selected as the active game mode.
- Changed brawler UI layout when Star Powers, Gadgets, and Gears have been unlocked for a brawler.
- Fixed Club League icon in Player profile.
- Fixed Gear tutorial animation.
- Fixed a crash issue on lower iOS versions.
- Fixed hitbox of rightmost game mode banner.
- Fixed Nita sound effects.
- Fixed a few texts.
- Fixing issues with Club invites
- In the first weeks of Club League it will be easier for Clubs to get promoted until Clubs are properly distributed over the ranks - once we’ve achieved this, we will slowly adjust Clubs progression in Club League.
- Fixed Club League starting time.
- Various fixes for Club League invitations, handling, and UX.
Now brawlers can be upgraded up to level 11!
From now on, every level will require Coins and Power Points. This means that getting a Star Power at level 9 won’t upgrade your Brawler to level 10 anymore. These are the resources needed to unlock levels 9, 10, and 11:
- Level 9: 550 PP and 1250 Coins → Star Power slot unlocked.
- Level 10: 890 PP and 1875 Coins → First Gear slot unlocked.
- Level 11: 1440 PP and 2800 Coins → Second Gear slot unlocked.
Gears are new items unlocked at levels 10 & 11 that add more progression and a new layer of strategy to the game.
There are 5 different types of gears and each of them gives a different passive ability to the Brawler is bound to. Gears get crafted in the Brawler screen and using two new currencies: Gear tokens and Scrap. Both drop from Brawl Boxes and can be acquired in the shops.
Gears can also be upgraded up to level 3. Upgrades increase their effectiveness for each level:
- Speed Gear: Gain 15/20/25% speed when moving in bushes
- Heal Gear: Heal 100/150/200 when standing still
- Damage Gear: Deal 10/15/20% extra damage when you are below 50% health
- Resistance Gear: Reduce by 25/30/35% the efficiency and duration of slow and stun effects
- Shield Gear: Gain a 300/450/600 HP shield. Shield regenerates a 5% every 0,5 seconds when at full health
They can’t be transferred between Brawlers, so once a Gear is crafted, it is bound to the Brawler you picked.
You can still change Gears before a match just like Star Powers and Gadgets.
- Clubs are now unlocked when reaching 900 trophies.
- New onboarding flow to help you find a club
- Club size is 30 members now
Club League is a new weekly competition for clubs!
Every week your club is matched up against 7 other clubs which compete on 3 days. On each of these days, members receive 4 Tickets which are used to play matches and get Club Trophies, which later on will be converted into rewards!
- The season lasts 1 week
- Competing days are Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday
- Each member gets 4 Tickets that will reset at the end of the competing day
- Golden Tickets: 4 additional Tickets can be acquired per member in order to play additional matches.
- Golden Tickets can be purchased using Star Point or Gems
Game modes and matchmaking
- Matchmaking happens based on the Club region
- As a member of a Club, you can choose to play a Standard match (Best of 1) or a Competitive match (Best of 3 - same format as in Power League)
- To play a Standard match you need 1 ticket. To play a Competitive match, 2 tickets.
- Standard matches have one game mode and map available per day
- Competitive matches share the same map pool as Power League
Members of a club get Club Trophies when playing a match. Playing with clubmates gives slightly more Club Trophies, and the number also depends on the type of match played. Club Trophies for Standard matches:
Club trophies for Competitive matches:
At the end of each competing day, the 8 Clubs in the League are ranked based on the total amount of Club Trophies earned by all the members of each Club. All Clubs get Club Points depending on their position in the Rank:
- Rank 1- 100 Club Points
- Rank 2 - 80 Club Points
- Rank 3 - 70 Club Points
- Rank 4 - 50 Club Points
- Rank 5 - 40 Club Points
- Rank 6 - 30 Club Points
- Rank 7 - 20 Club Points
- Rank 8 - 10 Club Points
Club Trophies are reset at the end of the competing day.
Season end & Club Ranks
The weekly Season ends every Monday, when all clubs in the League are ranked based on their total amount of Club Points earned throughout the 3 competing days. This ranking determines if a Club gets promoted or demoted as well as the number of rewards! Club Ranks are the same as in Power League, with all clubs starting at Bronze I at the launch of the feature.
Club Coins & Club Shop
Each member gets Club Coins at the end of the weekly Season based on:
- The division their Club played in
- The Weekly Rank
- The personal level of activity
Club Coins can be used in the Club Shop to get:
- Exclusive Skins
- Wild card Power Points (to use on any Brawler)
- Gear Tokens
SKINS & PINS
Club Shop skins:
- Chicken Rico
- Moldy Mike
- Potato Squeak
- Brawlidays pin
- Reduced main attack damage from 280 → 260
- Reduced base hp from 4000 → 3800
Lola proved to be a bit too strong as she was able to trade favorably with a plethora of brawlers. While she is countered pretty well by especially throwers, she's still a bit too versatile on most maps. Tuning down her numbers a little will allow more brawlers to go toe to toe with her.
- Added haptic feedback (and the option to turn them off) on dealing damage
- Minor changes to Nita VFX
- Minor changes to Jessie’s portrait
- Added a cap to Legendary Brawler drop chance (set now to 0.2544%)
- Added Lola reload SFX
- Fixed True Gold El Primo main attack SFX